Who we are
Our website address is: http://miamiadschool.ca
We are committed to respecting the privacy rights of everyone whose personal information we have collected. This Policy is designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act as outlined by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
We also may automatically collect information about your browsing actions, equipment, and usage patterns using server logs, cookies, and similar technologies.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Help remember and process the data in your application.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
However, you will still be able to complete an application.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we use your data
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways (with lawful basis for processing in parenthesis):
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To improve our website in order to better serve you. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature. (Performance of a contract with you, Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To quickly process your transactions. (Performance of a contract with you, Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts owed to us)
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries) (Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
At any time, you may email us at email@example.com to unsubscribe from marketing or click the “unsubscribe” button on any email communication from us.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
Smush uses a third-party email service (Drip) to send informational emails to the site administrator. The administrator’s email address is sent to Drip and a cookie is set by the service. Only administrator information is collected by Drip.
The Burroughes – 639 Queen Street W Suite #300, Toronto ON, Canada M5V 2B7
Last Edited on 2019-02-07